This workshop will:
- Help faculty & staff gain a deeper understanding of open educational resources
- Encourage networking among faculty & staff who hold an interest in open educational resources
- Update faculty & staff about campus initiatives to lower the cost of textbooks
- Encourage classroom faculty to review an open textbook, and receive, as part of their professional development, $250 for the effort of attending the workshop and writing the review. We are grateful to President Hanna for his support of this initiative. For a preview of textbooks available for review, please see: https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/
In addition, Ethan Krupp from Music, Theatre and Dance will share his department’s experiences using an open textbook during Fall 2018.
Workshop will be held in the Schweiker Room. Refreshments will be provided. Please bring your own portable electronic device if you have one (laptop, Ipad, or even just your phone).
This workshop will be limited to 50 participants.
Deadline for registration is Tuesday, January 15. If you are waitlisted for the workshop, we will notify you no later than that Wednesday (1/16) if space has opened up for you.
Related LibGuide: Open Educational Resources (OER) by Katie Yelinek
- Thursday, January 17, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm